Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Valentine Cards

In the blink of an eye it will be Valentines Day! What could be more exciting than taking the recepients breath away with a card that you created!

 

In the past spinner cards were always just in a staight line. That is no longer true. My 1st  Valentine Card shown above was created using Graphic 45 cardstock. It is from their calendar collection. If my memory serves me right it was the same piece of cardstock and I used both sides of it.  But I could be wrong and if so was from this same collection. Then I used 2 different sizes of a Spellbinder die of circles and the piercing circles. The die collection I used is Celebrations by Richard Garay. By using two diffenrent circles I was able to create a tract for the heart to rotate around in! And it does! I was very skeptical doing it and was excited when it worked! I have taught this in two classes and in each the students enjoyed creating it, were all smile when it worked and were looking forward to sending it to one of their Valentines.



My next Valentine Card is a Shaker Card; pictured above. These are always fun to create and to receive.  I didn't realize that this picture had so much glare to it until now. I apologize for the glare. The background sheet is a printed glitter cardstock from a Michaels. It was on sale for $0.19 for a 12x12 sheet. How could I pass it up at that price! 


This is a Memory Box Die and it has been used it for other cards where the die cut right into the front of the card. An example of that is in the previous post -Wrap It Up. For this card the ladies die cut the heart then had to cut the shape of the heart out around the die cut out. The wider the border was cut  around the heart the easier it was to attach the acetate and the foam tape used to had depth. 

Prior to attaching the acetate a white heart was cut out which matched the shape of the silver heart. The white heart was attached to all but a small area which was used to insert the beads and some hearts. Then that open area was also sealed. Before attaching the silver shaker heart I shook it many times . I was checking for any holes that may let the beads escape. Once I was sure the heart was completely sealed I used foam tape and adhered it to the glitter cardstock. Next I tied the ribbon in a knot around the glittered cardstock and adhered it to a piece of white cardstock.  Then foam tape was added on the back of the white piece and placed it onto the white card. 


No comments:

Post a Comment