Sunday, February 15, 2015

Cupid Strikes Again!


 

I love each of these projects! Let me just say WOW! Within my home each hoping they would be the recipient. The best part while these projects look hard they are really easy. The most difficult was cutting the Rhinestones for the mailbox flag. On the left we see a Ghiradelli Box and a Valentine Card is in the center.


The Button Boutique has the best self adhesive rhinestones AND they can be used in the die cutter, a punch and cut like butter. Being a skeptic I couldn't believe that with a pair of scissors I could cut the rhinestones, it cut like butter - so easy and you can see that they have shimmer and sparkle.





This box holds Ghiradelli chocolates and you can see one just waiting to be pulled out and eaten! I cut out the box in cardstock, scored it and then added my rhinestones! My class loved it. You can use any pattern of the rhinestones for the lid and box. I used black rhinestones around the edge of the lid and on the base piece the box sits on. This is just breath taking in person. The boxes hold approximately 12-15 Ghiradelli Squares so bee on the look out for sales!

  • a  piece of white cardstock 5-1/2" x 8" and folded it in half 
  • cut the pink shimmer cardstock so it measures 4" x 5-1/4"
  • a strip of the Lipstick Rhinestones measuring 1-3/4" x 5-1/4"
  • red and blue mirrored cardstock
  • Memory Box Die of Cupid
  • Dynamics 4 Doily Die
  • Embossing Folder
  • A single strip of red rhinestones
I used the pink Aspire Cardstock and adhered it directly to the white folded cardstock using a strong double sided tape. The Aspire Cardstock is slick and glue stick or a regular tape runner will not give a lasting bond. The fun Lipstick Rhinestone strip was adhered directly to the pink cardstock by peeling the back off to expose the adhesive backing. (This Lipstick pattern is also available with a black background.) Using some red mirrored cardstock and the cupid die run through your die cutting machine. Using the blue mirrored cardstock cut out the small doilies and select one of them for your card. I used foam tape to pop up the blue doily and also your cupid. Open your card and place a strip of red rhinestones along the card edge. You can see it a bit in the top card. Below is a picture of the card laying flat to show you the card from a different perspective.



The little metal mailbox has been available the last few years and I stocked up! I got them at Target and they were available in red or white when I purchased mine. Both ends of the mailbox come off and the flag can go up and down. 

As you can see the flag is up and has five vertical rows and 7 horizontal rhinestones on each side of the flag. I used red rhinestones for the mailbox itself and a double row of the rose print to go around the edge of both lids. On the front I used my left over rose print rhinestones. To go around the flag (which was not removable) Above the 10th row I made a lit and cut out 2-3 rhinestones which allowed the rhinestones to go behind the flag. 

The rhinestones are self adhesive and so easy to stick on. My advice is just take the backing off the adhesive a little at a time so you can get them on straight and the way you want them. I had to pull it up  a couple of times and it had really adhered to the tin! So heed my warning and don't take all the backing off at one time. I'm not sure which is my favorite the Ghiradelli Box or the mailbox!




No comments:

Post a Comment