Monday, February 2, 2015

Flip Cards

Flip cards are fun to make and fun to receive! If you use one of Dies created by Stephanie Barnard then they are a piece of cake! The hardest part is deciding what products you want to use for the card!

This is truly a 5-minute card and is being used as a thinking of you card! Or maybe I'll create another to send for Valentines Day...

The Recipe:

  • I used the Heart Flip Card Die by Stephanie Barnard. 
  • A piece of 5-1/2"x 7-1/4" Best Creations Embossed Glitter Bella Cardstock as the main piece.                  
While I liked it I thought it was a wee bit bright and perhaps busy. Hmmm....
  •  A  3-1/2" x 5" rectangle of  White Rowlex Illusion Film centered over the heart and touching both edges. 
  • I inked the edge of the cardstock heart and then layered the Rowlex Illusion Film Heart over the cardstock heart and used just a dab of liquid glue only by the top and bottom edge of the cardstock. The strip adds stability to the heart and gives the Illusion that it is floating above its base.
  • At the horizontal base of the card I added  a butterfly edge that I had punched out of Best Creations Glitter Adhesive sheet.
  • Any saying could be stamped and punched out then added to the back of  the heart (positioning it so it doesn't show when the card is closed as in picture) or on the back of the card.
I was introduced to the Rowlex Illusion Film last year at CHA by Marisa Pawelko, also known as the  Modern Surrealist. I really like working with this Film and have used it as an embellishment on many different projects since introduced to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment